CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Christmas Project! Handmade Ornaments filled with Love!

I have decided to keep Christmas small this year. It seems every year it has gotten smaller and smaller, but so has our bank accounts.

Last year I made cute chipboard ornaments with the twins' picture and some small embellishments on them, plsu gave a small gift for the grandparents.

This year it's stricktly going to be a wonderful handmade gift, a very nice one, though.

I found a great blog of someone who made a glass ornament using a photo printed on transparency paper, some beads, and a little bit of ribbon.

The recipe for the ornament seems fairly easy, but FAR from cheap.. The transparency paper was $40, for 25 pages, the ornaments from Michaels was $1.40 ish each bulb, and then the beads, and misc stuff... It ends up being around $8-$10 per ornament, but they are very special..

I will be making most of them using photo's of the twins, but have a couple in mind for some friends using a picture of their wedding, and their son's first day of school, pictures as the motif..

This Friday will be spent getting these started, as I will be spending the day at my BFF's house! YAY! (Except I have no more macaroni and cheese, Jill... sorry)

I think the Christmas gift from the children, for the grandparents and auntie, will be the special ornaments, and an ornament holder, so they can, if they choose, display it all year round.

I will add pics as I go, so maybe I can inspire someone to be creative!!

This recipe was found on a fellow blogger page - See my side Bar for "Life"

2 comments:

The Wolfe Family said...

um... I like quick and little work involved, type food..

What about spaghetti or something?

I have a box mix for chocolate mint brownies.. It would depend on how much time I have.. or I have some Toll House cookie dough, which would be quicker, but not a ton of it..

I think some spaghetti with either butter and sprinkle cheese or sauce, which I'm picky about, and some Texas toast... oooh.. I'm starving now!!

I'll bring the dessert!!

The Wolfe Family said...

hmm... tenders... I'm not feelin' them...

I'll keep thinking