So, to honor Halloween and all it's spooky goodness (tomorrow) I thought I would run through the reasons I like Halloween..
1 - It's one day a year it's socially acceptable to dress in very scary clothing and sit motionless on the front lawn and scare the passing kiddies... Any other day and you might be considered a creep or crazy person..
2 - The Halloween Specials on t.v.... Like the Great Pumpkin, or Supernatural's spin on Halloween, or the regular shows with the main people dressing up... It's just fun to watch the humorous spins on costumes, when there's no budget..
3 - Left over candy... So, you find yourself only handing out a fun size candy one per kid, just so there can be some left over to keep to yourself.. Or better yet... you hand out the not so good candy, and keep the peanut butter cups to yourself!
4 - I love to dress my kids up! Today they went to daycare wearing last years' costumes.. 3 eyed monsters! Although, technically, they are going to be pirates for Halloween night, I didn't want them to ruin the new costumes, so they're little monsters running around Jennie's house.. Ivan, who is uber sensitive to scary things, even wore his today... He ran in Jennies house and said "I'm a scary monster" and "RAR!!!"... lol
5 - I love the different humorous costumes they've been producing lately!! Who ever came up with the outlet and plug, sumo wrestlers, and bacon and eggs, must be fun people! Also, the fake beards, the pretend butt cheeks.. lol
6 - (Yes I have 6 this time) SCRAPBOOKING the Halloween pictures!!!! As if I need a reason to scrapbook, right?! The Halloween pictures just give me one more event to stick down to some fancy paper, embellish with some shiny brads, and even ink or distress the Tim Holtz way.... Just wait until after Christmas d=to do these pages, and then you'll find yourself scrapping happier with newly received tools and scrap stuff... I'm drooling and now I want to scrapbook even more!!!
Remember, as you're driving home from work tomorrow, if you work on Saturdays, please watch out for kids... Please drive slow and pay attention, leave your fingers off your cell phones and keep them on the wheel.. Halloween should be fun and not end up with some little kid getting run over by a car... PLEASE, PLEASE keep everyone SAFE!!
-

0 comments:
Post a Comment