Seriously, how does one get that honor? My house isn't horrible, it just needs some finishing, and a new roof, new garage, landscaping, color scheme, my hardwoods redone, storage, which isn't much, right? LOL
So, I pitched the idea to Bridge Street (WSYR in Syracuse, a local tv station), to do a mini version of an HGTV show.. Get together some local interior designers, a local contractor, and some grunt workers to help make a room or two super special while making the home owners help with the work... Yeah... still haven't gotten a response... I don't expect one either, but it was a nice try..
It's really hard trying to come up with a room scheme that both matches the character of the house and stays within a limited budget... I think I may look for some used living room tables, but will need to go with NEW area rugs.. The new rugs need a design because we have two cats and twin toddlers, so 4 times the messes... no joke.. really messy people/pets live in my house..
I want it to feel warm and cozy, but not lose the kid-friendly aspect, as we do have kids and mess happens.. I'd like neutrals, with a popping color, to add flair.. The problem is our home is definitely unique. It's got plaster textured walls, arched doorways, high ceilings, and it's almost 100 years old, so I'd like to work with that, and not hide it...
I need an interior designer to come to my house, pro-bono, and give me advice, and help me make things from trash, into treasures... lol
So HGTV, please come to my home, donate some funds and some crafty people... Hammer heads, Divine design, over my head, whichever, just visit me!!!
-

1 comments:
There's an ESM mom who might help me.. YAY!!
Post a Comment