I have discovered potential bliss in a can... The link above is an amazing livingroom by Kenneth Brown, an HGTV designer..
The use of the gold-ish walls and bronzy brown curtains... oooh... ahhh... say it with me!!
A lovely lady from my ESM mom's group has taken my project on, which is awesome... So far she has only suggested I move the furniture back to where it was, except the tv got pushed forward next to the fireplace.. She has, though, approved of my used tables purchase, and of my rugs, which made me feel better.
I'm going to going to Sherwin Williams to get some color swatches, as a goldish color I saw on their "Color Visualizer" made me sweaty with glee.. It's called Mannered Gold, and is lovely on the internet, I just need to make sure it stays lovely on our walls, especially with our crappy lighting..
I am also thinking of painting the diningroom and the stair hallway a brownish color "Jackson Tan" or a reddish color "Cavern Cay", both from Sherwin Williams, called "Jackson Tan", but that's a whole 'nother beast!
I got the Artesia Persia Curtains in Duke Red, and boy do they look stunning up.. It'a amazing how we lived life in our living room without them for so long.. Now, I can see how this all WILL come together.. Look out RATE MY SPACE on HGTV, here we come!
I just need some accent pillows, a throw blanket to cover my recliner/rocker, and some decor, and I'll be stylin'!
UPDATE: I painted a test area on the wall near the new curtains and it's FABU! I'm so anxious to have the room all painted!!
YAY LIVINGROOM!!
-

0 comments:
Post a Comment