What a great mini-vacation! We took our tots and our pop-up to a great NY State campground located just south of Lowville, NY.
We did, though, take a very unique route to get there.. I printed off a Google map advising us to take a few turns off of Route 26, which put us on some "minimum maintenance" roads.. Well, to put it in English, we ended up on 4-wheeler and snow mobile, roads.. It was pretty much the wrong roads to be on with a trailed-popup.. The dirt roads were filled with major pot holes and loose stones and ZERO other people... Even the one stop sign we DID see, had bullet holes in it! EEEK!!
We finally made it to the park, after a couple HELP ME calls to the park office, and the loss of all daylight.. It was a definite adventure! Rob went to fill the water tank and it smelled horrible on the outside of both the Jeep and the popup.. Can we say splattered cow poopy? Yeah, it was pasted to both vehicles... It was such a pleasant aroma, so, I took a picture of it with my cell phone for future scrapbooking-ability.. LOL
The park was awesome! Super tall pine trees gave us the needed shade from the almost 90 degree days, and the country side driving to and from Walmart was so stereotypical "farm land", with exception of the giant white windmills... So, even they were technically green, although they were white.. get it.. Green... lol, I'm a nerd!
The kids loved the nearby farms with the roadside cows and horses... They love cows!
Potty training while camping is always a challenge, as the kids practically live in the bathrooms.. Emilee has to pee/poop constantly, and she doesn't yet realize, even though I tell her every time, that the pottys are not to be touched and manhandled.. Major EW!! Ivan still didn't poop outside of his pull up, so we're still stuck in that rut..
We've gotten him peeing standing up, though, which he thinks is fun.
I wish that Whetstone Gulf wasn't a 2 hour drive, or 3 if you're traveling through the D.E.C. truck trails. lol I would go there more often, because I liked the swimming hole, which we played in on Sunday, and the shade trees are wonderful... Plus, if you forget anything, there's a McDonalds and Walmart right near by! Not to mention the Cheese Store, where they proudly serve 67 flavors of cheese.. Next time we'll stop in for a sample! yumm... Cheese..
Well, back to work for me, it's almost Tuesday!
Enjoy the heat!
-

1 comments:
I dunno... The State park map had the stores' ad and at the time of printing, they only had 57 flavors.. so, there's a 10 flavor growth!.. ew... maybe they grow mold?? ew... lol
Post a Comment