CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, September 18, 2009

Twin Toddler Potty Training update SLASH Countdown Subject for today!

So, the kids turn 2 1/2 this month and have been going through the real potty training process since the beginning of July.. It's been one of the hardest thing we've ever gone through with these guys, but rewarding too, because of all the funny moments... So, to celebrate the funny moments, and the not so funny moments, that I have spent in the bathroom with my twin potty-training angels.....

5. Ivan now pees standing up on a stool in front of the big potty.. He gets all excited because he feels like a big boy and it's a big accomplishment.. So, he'll get his bottoms off, get his tiny feet on the stool and stand there belly stuck out, red faced, clenched fists, which is comical.. Then he starts to pee... Now, he's just getting used to the fact that there needs to be some aiming on his part.. However, he'll forget and decide it is way more interesting to watch as the yellow liquid is escaping his tiny body.. So, he'll bend down to look, all the while the pee is no longer going in the toilet, but more like on his pants, or the stool.. Then once shocked into the realization that the pee made things wet, he'll straighten up again, thankfully.. Always a little too late though..

4. Neither of the kids want to use their froggie potties, which bums me out because let's say I have to use the facilities, and then they decide they want to go as well... I'll be sitting there (sorry for visual) and they'll charge in screaming they have to go potty, then they'll grab some T.P. to help me move along faster, which they decide they can wipe for me, which, obviously, I don't allow.. It's quite something to be the main event in the bathroom for two on-lookers...

3. Emilee loves to poop on the big potty, but now she wants help, all of a sudden.. After she's placed on her big potty seat, she'll make the funniest grimace, pushing in on her belly, and say "I go stinky poopies".. As if the odor that now surrounds my every nose hair hasn't clued me in on the event, at that point... She'll, then, lift her shirt and stair through her legs as the massive brown log falls into the toilet water... Then she'll exclaim.. "I went BIG poopies"... YAY Emilee!!, YAY Mommy!!

2. Ivan has been a little stubborn when it comes to pooping on the potty, so he'll hold, hold, hold it all day, then wait to poop until after his bedroom door is closed for the evening. Then when we walk into his room in the morning, and the room is STINK-KAY, he'll tell us... "I'm stinky".. At least he's honest, right?

1. The underwear... tiny little pairs of cartoon-charactered, sometimes-stained, undies that can never be found.. They must have 25 pairs of undies between the two of them, if not more... Can I just say that there must be a small undie thief running amok in my house! I'll dig and dig through dressers, clean laundry bins, etc, to never find a stinkin pair of clean underwear... I'm half tempted to hang them up in their closets by their tiny elastic waist bands... This beats having mis-matched socks... At least you have socks!!

Well, for me potty training is the beginning of a new relationship with children.. The modesty boundaries are all removed, there's no privacy, and you are always well aware of the poop..

I may complain or make fun of this challenging time, but to be completely honest with y'all, I would never change a second of time that I spend sitting on the side of the tub, watching Emilee grimace, or Ivan pee on the front of the toilet, for anything in the world.. These guys are perfect in every way..

Enjoy every moment with your children, even though your nose may tell you otherwise!

0 comments: