So, I've gotten myself in a mood lately.. I've been thinking about my past.. My high school past, to be more specific. I've been wondering, as previously mentioned in prior posts, where my old friends ended up, so far. Like, I am married, gained weight, an extra chin, and a wonderful husband and two wonderful kids. I never went to college, but have been working in accounting since 1997ish, so I have lots of experience with numbers, lol.. I got married at the age of 21, and waiting until 29.9 to have babies, which I don't regret one bit. They make my life!
So, with that said, I wonder where my old friends live, and if they got married, had kids, went to school, and have fancy degrees with exceptionally large bank accounts..
Funny things happen in weird places, and at odd times..
So, I discovered an old friends Ebay account online. I took and emailed that account and alas, she exists! I found an old friend, my bff from high school, in fact. Her and I were very close in and out of school, as often as possible. We had sleep overs, and did strange things, and had weird nick name... (gaylord was one of them) I do remember that once I graduated it did get harder to hang, but I still visited her, had her over our house, and even when she went to college, still visited her up there.. Then in 2000 or 2001, I think, she just vanished... I guess there was nothing common to keep our "friend flame" going. However... that was all in our past..
She now has a 15 month old son, Adam, and a husband from India. She is a teacher and lives near NYC. She also wants to go forward and be friends, even arrange play dates for our kids, which would work, so long as she comes up here.. lol
What's even funnier is that I've always wondered what happened to a friend, THE friend who eventually lead me to the 3 loves of my life.. Rob, and my kids. I knew her then as Joanna G.. She was fun, and we had a good time chillin. We listened to music and went trick or treating together in 1994. We stopped being friends due to one girl who I had to see all the time, and had to like, but didn't get along with Joanna.. So, I do want to find her and if I don't do anything else with the relationship, I at least want to thank her for the connection to Rob. So, I called her old phone number and left a message.. It's her parents' house, so maybe they'll pass the message on, or maybe not... We'll see..
Now, the funny part... I have been going to Target's pharmacy in Cicero for several months.. There' been this super nice, very perky, pharmacist there who knows my last name when she sees me. Every time I pick up my scripts I keep thinking to myself that she looks so familiar.. Well, today I saw her name tag.. Melissa.. OMG.. She was an old friend from HS, and was a mutual friend of Joanna's... So, I took the leap and asked if she went to Central Sq high school, and YEP! So, I told her who I was, reminded her of the friendship, and low and behold, she remembered.. She even remembered a drama club adventure to Toronto, in which some teenage girl drama took place.. Huh, small world...
So, my research will continue to try to find Joanna.. For now I have two more people to catch up with, and maybe continue a friendship, who knows?
-

0 comments:
Post a Comment