CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Not so lucky today

I hate to say it, but it seems I've been unlucky lately, in the health insurance department.

Ivan needs to have his little feet checked out to make sure everything is where it's supposed to be, and his pediatric orthopedic doctor retired. So, I've been trying to find a doctor who accepts MVP insurance and that is local, or within 25 miles of my home. Well, the closest one is in Rochester, 90 miles away..

My boss is allowing me to take the time off without penalty... Which is VERY awesome of her, since I don't have an option at this point.. It's crazy how it can be allowed that an insurance company doesn't have to automatically cover a visit when there is no in-network provider within a reasonable distance from your house... Expecting me to drive, without being upset, to Rochester, 90+ miles away, is rediculous!

Well, I guess I'm only partially unlucky.. I am lucky to have such an understanding supervisor! She really is the reason I show up to work everyday... well keeping a roof over my family's head is reason # 1, but she makes it easier...

For anyone out there who might stumble on my blog, on accident, please check out Orthoseek.com for more information on Clubfoot. It is not widely known out there, and most people don't know where to look when they have questions... I was a crazy lady when I found out I was pregnant and my little baby boy was going to be born with it... It's not an easy thing to deal with, and there's limited resources...

You can leave a comment and I will also be willing to tell you what we have gone through, thus far..

Take care!

2 comments:

The Wolfe Family said...

Because MVP SUCKS!!

They keep thinking that he can see an ordinary orthopedist.. They don't realize that he needs a specially trained Pediatric Ortho.. Stupid, stupid MVP!!

The Wolfe Family said...

I know... Trust me.. They're idiots..

I also can't believe the lack of follow up from a certain co-worker... She took forever to give me the same answer that my other, now non-coworker, gave me... UGH!!