So, as you already know, because I have an audience of one person and that person is well aware of my son's issues, Ivan was born with club feet.
He's been seen by two specialists.. One because we couldn't find any other doctor, and the second because the first doctor blew donkey testicles and we were informed there was an option..
The first doctor was the worst... She didn't make sure my son's ankle was fully numb before she dug into it and snip'd his Achilles tendon.. He was in so much pain he turned purple and couldn't cry at first, he just had a tragic expression and he couldn't exhale his cry.. I will never, ever, forgive myself for that.. She wouldn't stop what she was doing to try to numb the area more, just asked if his reaction was due to be scared or if it seemed to hurt him... Uh... Fuckin' DUH!!
So, we went to a different doctor who was spectacular.. He had to recast Ivan and re-do the surgery, but this time while Ivan was under Anesthesia, what a thought?!! So, we were very thankful to have discovered he was in practice..
But then he retired in Dec '08, so we've been trying to find a doctor ever since, that participates with our insurance. I have called MVP many times and spoke with Linda Whicky, who should be name Linda "what am I doing here, how did I get here?" Whicky.. She's clueless, rude and has the audacity to not return phone calls. She has been told many times that we need to have Ivan seen every three months and it's been since November 08... So, I have left many messages, she never returns my calls and nothing has been accomplished. I finally was able to speak to her supervisor, who assured me she was taking over the case and she would do her best to submit the request, using Dr.Cady's referral I emailed over, to the board for approval, again so I can see Dr.Katz as "in-network". What a major pain the the tush though, seriously!!
I still would love to find another doctor in my area that can treat Ivan for his feet, as I am not thrilled about taking Ivan to the same practice as his first, horrible, doctor, Dr. Polomino..
Ugh... I'm still above ground, so I guess I must still be lucky.. lol
-

0 comments:
Post a Comment